Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tutorial Tuesday-Ribbon Roses

There are so many things that I LOVE about being a demonstrator, the friends I've made, the discount on the wonderful products and endless ideas, just to name a few. And speaking of the endless ideas as a demonstrator we're mailed a magazine every month and they're jam packed with ideas! One of the techniques they showed were how to make ribbon roses. They're so pretty and so easy, I've made quite a few of them and I couldn't wait to show YOU!
Here's what you'll need to make them. Sticky Strip, a piece of scrap paper (it doesn't really matter what color it is but it should coordinate with your project, just in case, you'll see why), I'm using white for the tutorial so that you can see it better. You'll also need ribbon, I'm using the Bravo Burgundy 5/8 inch ribbon, and some scissors.


To start Lay at least 5 rows. I went with 7 rows for mine. The length of them doesn't really matter, I think mine are 2 1/2- 3 inches long. Once you get your rows lined up, peel off the red backing on all of them.


Twist your ribbon, I twisted as I went. Start in the center and keep on twisting and sticking your ribbon to the sticky strip. Keep going until your rose is as big or as small as you want it.


Once your rose is the desired size, tuck the end under. Trim your cardstock around the rose. You will have some sticky strip left. I used it to make smaller roses that I'll use on a different project. That is a great way to use all those ribbon scraps! Then you're not wasting a bunch of sticky strip, which is a huge concern for me.



Attach to your project. How pretty is that! I stuck mine to a gift card holder. It's so beautiful in person.
I just love this!
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!!

3 comments:

Kay or KT Jantz said...

Golly gee whiz yours is much easier to figure out, you are such an amazing young woman. I checked my email just to make sure I didn't miss something from you regarding the Holiday Stroll and I may have deleted some as we were in FL for the first 2 weeks of Oct.

Kathlene said...

Awesome ribbon rose. Your instructions were very clear and I'm definitely going to give this a try. TFS!

Mary said...

Wow, these directions look much easier than other directions I've seen. Your whole card is beautiful, as usual.