Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Christmas Scottie Cookie Box-VIDEO

I have an adorable box to share with you today!  I'm using lots of my favorites today!  The Christmas Scottie Bundle is so cute and it reminds me of my sweet pup!  I'm also using the Gingham Cottage DSP which is probably my absolute favorite DSP right now.  We're making a cute Christmas box today.  If you didn't want to make this one a Christmas one.  Change up the colors and the greeting and now you have a completely different box.  

stampin up, christmas scottie

This box is fairly large it's about 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" x 1 1/4".  I designed this box specifically for the Walkers Shortbread dog cookies.  I found them in a .88oz box at my local World Market.  I've searched Amazon and the World Market website and cannot locate this exact size for these cookies.  But this box is such a good size lots of other treats would fit in it. I think I'd still use the Walkers dog cookies for this box and get a larger box then package them up in pretty bags with ribbon.  This box is a little larger than my normal boxes and is a little more time consuming so I'm only making this box for those super special people so repackaging the cookies for them I think is ok.  If you can't find the cookies, this box is a great size and so many other treats will fit in it too.  

stampin up, christmas scottie

Let's get down to the details of this box.  My box base is Cherry Cobbler, it was the best match for my cookie box.  I knew I had to use the Gingham Cottage DSP but the red in that package is Real Red so instead of changing up the color of my box I used the black and white pattern in the Gingham Cottage DSP and a Blending Brush and made my own Cherry Cobbler Gingham DSP.  I stamped my greeting and bow also in Cherry Cobbler Ink.  For my pup, I used my Stamparatus and Black Memento to stamp him a couple of times to get him a nice dark black.  

stampin up, christmas scottie

My box and my lid are two separate pieces and I've hidden some small magnets in the box design so the box closes and stays closed seamlessly.  You can also use velcro or tie is closed with some ribbon.  If you didn't want a lid on your box at all just leave the DSP lid off and trim the tabs off the top.  

stampin up, christmas scottie

Here's a look at those cookies that I found.  I know that Walkers sells some individual packs of their non dog shortbread.  I don't have one of those on hand so I don't know how well they'd fit in the box.  I assume you'll be able to get one or two packages in this box.  I finished up my box with some Black and White Gingham Ribbon and I colored one of the Opal Rounds with my Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Blends for his bow.  So cute!  

stampin up, christmas scottie

Here's the measurements if you want to make this box.  I've included a picture of how my paper is trimmed after it's scored.  Make sure to check out the video for all the details on this box.  While you're there make sure to subscribe to my channel so you never miss a video.  

Box:
9 3/4" x 6 1/4"
On the short side score at 1 1/4" on each side
On the long side score at 1", 4 3/4" and 6"

DSP Pieces:
4 1/2" x 3 3/4"
On the long side score at 1" and 2 1/4"

3 1/2" x 2 1/2"

I have a full supply list below, you can shop for these products in my Online Store.  



 

1 comment:

David Jon said...

I appreciate that you worked hard to make this information interesting and clear. please visit. Custom printed cookies boxes