Monday, August 8, 2022

Wonderful World Watercolor Wash

I have a gorgeous card to share with you today!  I didn't use a single die, this card is basically just ink and paper.  If you want to try your hand at more watercolor techniques this is a good one to start with.  I used my Water Painters and some watercolor paper to make my background.  Before you add ink to your watercolor paper make sure you use a clean brush and prime the paper with water.  This step may not sound like much but it will help your ink move.  To add the ink I inked up an empty block and picked up the color with my Water Painter.  I started on the top and worked my way down.  Every time I picked up more ink I started on the top.  This way the top stays the darkest and the color gets lighter as it goes down the paper.  Love this ombre look!  Once it was dry I used my Tahitian Tide Stampin' Blends and splattered some ink onto the background.   

stampin up, wonderful world

For my image I used the Wonderful World Set, this is a Sale-a-Bration item you can only earn free with a qualifying $100 order.  I stamped my image in Pacific Point Ink.  Because I'm stamping onto watercolor paper which is very textured I used my Stamparatus and had to stamp it 2 or 3 times to get a full complete image.  This is again another extra step but the results speak for themselves.  I added a greeting with the Artistically Inked Set and layered it all up onto a Tahitian Tide card base with some Metallic Mesh Ribbon and Tahitian Tide Twine.  I finshed the card with some clear Elegant Gems.  I have a full supply list below, you can shop for these products in my Online Store. 

stampin up, wonderful world

Shop my Online Store.  
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

Supplies:





 

No comments: