Sunday, September 29, 2024

Twelve Weeks Of Christmas Week 1-Reindeer Fun Flip Flap Shutter Card-VIDEO

Welcome to the 2024 Twelve Weeks Of Christmas Countdown!  This is a series I've done the last few years and I have to say it's one of my favorite series I do every year!  This year I'm sharing some incredible projects.  We're stepping up the fun and making amazing Christmas cards and gifts!  Don't miss a single week!  This series will run through December 15, 2024.  Every Sunday I'll be sharing another incredible Christmas card, treat box, gift idea and more!  Don't miss it!  You can catch me live ever week in my Facebook VIP group or catch the replay on YouTube.  No matter how you watch make sure to let me know what you think of the project.  Will you try it?  

Today I'm kicking things off with a card that will WOW anyone you share it with.  It's pretty magical, but after breaking it down step by step you'll see that it's not too complicated. It may or may not surprise you but I have a notebook that I keep ideas and notes in.  One of the notes in my notebook has been to learn how to make a Flip Flap Shutter Card.  I've seen many of them but they've always looked super intimidating.  I finally sat down and told myself I'm going to make it! I found this tutorial on YouTube from Winged Horse Designs and her instructions were clear and I was finally able to try it.  After making one I was blown away!  I haven't stopped playing with it since!  So here we are!  I'm going to break it down step by step so you can have success as well!  There's lots of pieces so I recommend getting all your pieces together before you even start.  I also recommend using liquid glue for this project.  I love our Tombow Multipurpose Glue.  I know that some of you don't like liquid glue but you'll want that extra wiggle room.   

stampin up, reindeer fun

I'm using the Reindeer Fun Set (I didn't use the dies but I linked the bundle below.  You'll want the dies if you get the set.  I promise!) and Reindeer Days DSP.  I stamped my front panels but you can substitute more DSP or even a family photo if you don't want to stamp your front panels.  This card is pretty amazing, you can see the different panels, well....when you slide it to the left....the panels pop up and flip.  I stamped the reindeer in Early Espresso and colored it with Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends.  If you love this card I'm sharing another version tomorrow on my blog.  


Measurements

Real Red Cardstock
Base 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Frame 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" Trim a rectangle out of the center leaving a 1/2" border on all four sides
Flaps 2" x 4 1/4" (three) On the long side score at 1/2" on both sides, on the short side score at 1/2" on one side

Reindeer Days DSP
Frame 5 1/2" x 4 1/2" Trim a rectangle out of the center leaving a 1/2" border on all four sides
Back Panels 1 3/8" x 3 1/8" (three)

Pool Party Cardstock
Panels For Card Base 
3/8" x 4 1/8"
1 3/8" x 4 1/8" (two)
1 7/8" x 4 1/8"

Basic White Cardstock
Front Panels 4 1/8" x 3 1/8" stamped then trimmed to three pieces each 1 3/8" x 3 1/8"
Scraps for snow and greeting

stampin up, reindeer fun

You can write a message on the back or adhere the entire thing to a full card.  Check out the video for all the details on this amazing card. While there don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you never miss a video. I have a full supply list below you can shop for these products in my Online Store.  

Stampin' up, reindeer fun

Twelve Weeks Of Christmas:
Week 1 Reindeer Fun Flip Flap Shutter Card


 

No comments: