Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Stampin' Blends Week-Blending Backgrounds-VIDEO

Over the weekend I held a fun event for my team and I shared lots of fun background techniques with Stampin' Blends.  This week I'm going to share all five cards here for you to see too!  Check back every day this week for another amazing card with a fun background made with our Stampin' Blends.  Each card features some brand new and/or upcoming products too!  Today I'm sharing a background where the only special tools you need are a cottonball and some rubbing alcohol.  I used a piece of vellum and scribbled Balmy Blue and Night of Navy Stampin' Blends for the sky and used Granny Apple Green and Old Olive for the grass.  Then using a cotton ball with the rubbing alcohol, I dabbed over the scribbles to make a gorgeous background.  

stampin up, fluffiest friends

I love using a cotton ball for this because you have lots of control where you can blend it.  If you want darker more intense color, let it dry completely then repeat the steps again, until you get your desired look.  What kind of rubbing alcohol do I use?  I use Isopropyl Alcohol 91%.  I like the higher concentration because it evaporates and dries faster.  I picked mine up in my local pharmacy.  

My card uses the new Fluffiest Friends Bundle that was released in the Online Exclusives yesterday!  I love this one!  I used the Throughout The Year Set for my greeting.  

My vellum is mounted on an adhesive sheet then adhered to a piece of Basic White Cardstock. 

Make your own:

Moody Mauve 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" score the long side at 4 1/4"

Crumb Cake 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"

Basic White and Adhesive Sheet 5" x 3 3/4"

Scraps of Basic White for stamping and die cutting

Check out the video for all the details on this card. While you're there make sure to susbscribe to my YouTube Channel so you never miss a video.  I have a full supply list below.  Shop for these products in my Online Store.  

stampin up, fluffiest friends

Shop my Online Store

No comments: