Thursday, October 5, 2017

Saran Wrap Watercoloring

My second technique that I shared was the Saran Wrap Watercolor.  This one uses a block (or any non-porous surface) some reinkers, a spritzer, watercolor paper and saran wrap.  On your block drop a few drops of whatever color reinker you're using.  Spritz your paper with water and get a nice handful of saran wrap.  Dip your saran wrap into your reinker then onto your wet cardstock.  The colors will begin to run and blend together instantly all you have to do is watch and let it dry.  So easy and fun!  
The saran wrap is really just being used a tool to pick up the ink and move it.  A lot like a stamp or sponge dauber. Once your card stock has dried you can use it as a full background like I did on my first sample.  Or you can cut it apart like I did on my second sample.  I used the leaf punch to punch out a bunch and then I arranged them in a cute leaf pattern.  I love the look it gives.  Because the colors are blending on their own and naturally the finished look is so phenomenal. 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!

No comments: