Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Friday, February 12, 2016

You're So Sweet

This card started as an experiment, after 'fixing' it a couple times I'm happy with the results.  I started with some Island Indigo, Tempting Turquoise and Mint Macaron ink (I had them out from another card I was working on anyway).  I wanted to make a one layer card with lots of color, because it was one layer I went with the heavy white cardstock.  I stamped my ice cream images and used some post its to mask them off.  Then using sponge daubers I covered the whole cardstock, blending the colors together.  This part I love!  Then I wanted to add some more texture, so I grabbed my spritzer and sprayed water on it.  Well the spritzer sprayed WAY too much water, the paper started to warp and freak out (had I used watercolor paper this wouldn't have been a problem). So after drying the paper and seeing what was left, well let's just say it was a hot mess.  Too much water caused all the colors to bleed under the masks.  I put it aside like I do all cards that I need a break from and I came back to it a couple days later.  I loved the look of the background.  While too much water caused lots of problems it did make for a really pretty look.  I decided to go with it.  The cone was the only part of the image I could still use so instead, I stamped and cut out each ice cream in a different color.    
I added some sequins and decided this would not be a one layer card and mounted it on some cardstock.  I'm so pleased with the final result.  I often have half finished cards all over my desk.  Sometimes if you have an image and it's not going according to plan, I find setting it aside for a day or two really helps.  Looking at it again with fresh eyes later could spark some creativity.  And if it doesn't work no matter what you do, it's just cardstock :) 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: