This card started as an experiment, after 'fixing' it a couple times I'm happy with the results. I started with some Island Indigo, Tempting Turquoise and Mint Macaron ink (I had them out from another card I was working on anyway). I wanted to make a one layer card with lots of color, because it was one layer I went with the heavy white cardstock. I stamped my ice cream images and used some post its to mask them off. Then using sponge daubers I covered the whole cardstock, blending the colors together. This part I love! Then I wanted to add some more texture, so I grabbed my spritzer and sprayed water on it. Well the spritzer sprayed WAY too much water, the paper started to warp and freak out (had I used watercolor paper this wouldn't have been a problem). So after drying the paper and seeing what was left, well let's just say it was a hot mess. Too much water caused all the colors to bleed under the masks. I put it aside like I do all cards that I need a break from and I came back to it a couple days later. I loved the look of the background. While too much water caused lots of problems it did make for a really pretty look. I decided to go with it. The cone was the only part of the image I could still use so instead, I stamped and cut out each ice cream in a different color.
I added some sequins and decided this would not be a one layer card and mounted it on some cardstock. I'm so pleased with the final result. I often have half finished cards all over my desk. Sometimes if you have an image and it's not going according to plan, I find setting it aside for a day or two really helps. Looking at it again with fresh eyes later could spark some creativity. And if it doesn't work no matter what you do, it's just cardstock :)