Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Sheltering Tree In Winter


For some reason New Mexico has been getting lots of snow.  I don't like the snow.  I like the sun, I like the warm temperatures.  I could go my whole life without snow or cold.  We got some snow last week {sigh} so I decided to embrace it instead of dread it.  I did that by staying inside, where it was warm and I stamped, what????  You didn't think I'd really go out side did you???  But I did stamp a winter scene to really I totally embraced it ;)  I started with my card base and I used three colors, Night of Navy, Island Indigo and Perfect Plum.  I used water color paper and sponge daubers to apply ink in rows to the paper.  Then I sprayed it with water and let the colors blend a little.  Looking at it now.  I should have let the colors blend a little more, but I'm still happy with the results.  Once that was dry, I grabbed a small cup of water and dropped a couple drops of White Craft ink reinker in.  Then I used a paint brush and 'splattered' some ink/water mixture over to resemble snow.  I wasn't sure if this would work.  I'm sooooo glad it did!!!!
Once everything was dry I stamped and embossed my tree in White embossing powder.  I randomly cut some hills out of watercolor paper and lightly sponged them with some Soft Sky ink.  Then I used some vellum and embossed in silver the greeting, also from the Sheltering Tree set.  To finish it I punched a heart from Silver Glimmer Paper and topped it with one of the new Epoxy Stickers.  It's a fun card and sure to warm anyones heart :)
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: