Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Monday, February 16, 2015

Birthday Friends


I'm totally smitten with this fun set, From The Herd.  I love all these sweet farm animals!  For this card though I decided to cut them apart from the heard.  I stamped the entire image, colored only the three animals I wanted with Blendabilties and cut them out.  That was the most time consuming part of this card.  I've said it before, I really don't mind the fussy cutting, I find it strangely comforting :)  I really wanted the llama in my card, his expression just cracks me up, but in the stamped image his body isn't complete so I needed a way to include all the animals while hiding their bottoms.  I thought them all peeking through circles would be cute!
To finish the card I added some color and texture around the outside with my sponge daubers and some Crumb Cake and Chocolate Chip ink.  I stamped the greeting and balloon on my card and added some epoxy stickers that had been colored with my Blendabilities.  I didn't like the look of the balloon with the shiny epoxy stickers so I stamped the balloon again on scrap paper, cut it out and covered it in Crystal Effects.  Then it had the same shiny look and it all just coordinated better.  It's a super fun card and I just love it!!! 

1 comment:

Bobbi Miller said...

Ruth, this is the best "herd" card! Love the idea of cutting them out and having them peek through those holes. Great card! Well done friend.!