Friday, February 6, 2015

Magic Cake


I have the cutest little card for you today!  If you make this and give it your your friends they will think you're magic!  I used the Mini Treat Bag Framelit from the Occasions Catalog.  It's the first time I've used it, can't believe it took me so long!  I cut it out of Pink Pirouette and then punched a hole in the front with my 2 inch circle punch.  The rest of the front is pretty straight forward.  The greeting is stamped and some parts highlighted with Blendabilities, then for some extra interest I added lots of Candy Dots and rhinestones.  Now to the magic part.
When you pull the card out of the treat bag the cake magically becomes colored!  Isn't that the best, most magical thing ever!!!!?!!  Anyone you give this card too will be amazed!!  You will love how easy it is to make too!!!  All you need is 2 sheets of White Cardstock and a Window Sheet all cut the same size (for my card they're all 5x3 1/4).  Line up your window sheet and the white base it will go on and stamp the Window Sheet with Staz-On on the back.  Quickly while the ink is still wet press it onto your white cardstock.  This transfers the exact image in the exact place to the white cardstock.
You can see in this picture more of what I mean. Your image is stamped on the Window Sheet then pressed onto the white cardstock.  Once it's on the white cardstock you can color it, I also added a candle to mine.  My window sheet is attached to my white cardstock with 3 staples on the top.  DO NOT ADHERE IT ANYWHERE BUT THE TOP.  Then the staples are covered up with some ribbon.  So how does the magic happen.  That's where you 2nd piece of white cardstock comes in.
On the second piece score about 1/2 inch from the bottom and adhere that inside your treat bag (I did that step before the bag was assembled).  So then you have a 'liner' in your bag.  When you put your card back into the treat bag make sure that your window sheet goes in on the front of the liner and the rest of your card goes in behind the liner.  What will show through the front is a plain, uncolored cake.  When you remove the card the cake 'magically' becomes colorful and beautiful!  I hope you try this technique, it's so much fun!!!!  By the way the stamp set that I used is the Sale A Bration set Big Day.  When you buy the Mini Treat Bags framelits, Window Sheets and cardstock you can pick this set free!!! 
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: