Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Magnet Love

Here is our final project.  I LOVE this project.  I originally created this board for Logan, yes I know it's pretty girly for Logan :)  Well it's going in the kitchen so I guess it's really for both of us.  Logan has been asking for more money, apparently he has lots of expenses as a 6 almost 7 year old :)  So I created this board as a type of 'chore chart'.  We'll put a different chore along with the amount of money he can earn in each clip.  He can choose the chore he wants then bring us the paper when he's done with the chore and if we feel it's been done well he'll get the money and a new chore will go up. 
Of course if the chore thing doesn't work I'll just attach cards I love to it!  Sorry for the blurry picture here, I hope you'll still get the idea of what we did.  We used the Washi Tape to cover the clothes pins and decorated them with the buttons, twine and pearls.  So cute and fun!! 
On the bottom for an accent piece we made some lovely little flowers.  These are so pretty and have so much texture!  Each flower is made with 5 scallop circles.  Look for a tutorial on how these were made next week :)  Are you wondering what we made the magnet boards out of, well they're actually metal burner covers that we covered with DSP.  I found them at the dollar store, they came with two in the package, a large one and a small one.  The dollar store is filled with fun projects just waiting to be created! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: