Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Starfruit Zig Zags

Hello!  It's Wednesday!  Not sure why that makes me happy, maybe because we are half way through the week or maybe it because that means that tomorrow is our monthly demonstrator meeting!!!  I missed last months because I was in Colorado, so I'm extra excited for this months, PLUS I can't wait to see some of the fun stuff brought back from convention from those that went in our group!  Today I think I'm taking a break from the massive organizing going on in our house.  I tackled my stamp room closet yesterday and didn't have the courage to do the top shelf.  So it still needs finished, but I got 80% of the closet cleaned out and organized.  Found LOTS of SU stuff I had no idea I had :(  Plus a few bags I forgot I had, I'm debating whether or not to sell those.  Some of the things I found were tons of decor elements (I knew I had them just forgot), I found 3 of the build a house sets that SU sold a couple years ago (I had no idea I had those!), lots of half finished projects : / and a notebook full of patterns for boxes-who knew!  Somehow in between cleaning out the closet I found some time to stamp.  This card didn't photograph well.  I think it's because I waited too long to take the picture and lost the sunlight, sorry!

I saw this card on Pintrest and loved the use of the Tasteful Trim die.  So I thought I'd take my spin on it.  I like it but my favorite thing on this card is the flower!  It's so stinkin' cute in person!  I used the new scallop circle punch that's in the Holiday Catalog, available on August 1 to customers and punched 4 of them in Elegant Eggplant.  Then I crumpled them up, broke the fiber and separated them so that I had 8 scallop circles. Then I folded each one in quarters and stacked them up in a flower, some pearls to finish and you're done!  So pretty!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: