Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bunnies In A Box!

Today's project started out as an idea from a couple days ago while laying in bed thinking about new projects.  Yep, now you know I seem to brainstorm almost anywhere :)  My vision was a little different.  I think in retrospect I'll make the eggs a little smaller next time.  The box is a little wonky too, I need to work on my box making skills.  I've relied on the Big Shot for so long that I really struggled with making the box and in the end it didn't turn out as I had hoped.  It's still cute and Logan saw it on my desk and asked if he could have it, so I gave it to him, cards and all.  Who knows who will get the cards on Easter! 

Inside the box is three 3x3 Easter cards.  I thought three was a good number for a hostess gift or neighbor gift, etc.  The cards are all made with the same basic layout, some color changes but they're basically all very similar.  I water colored them with my watercolor crayons (forgot how much I love those crayons!!!).  These little bunnies just make me happy!!!!!
The bunnies were all water colored in grey, not sure why but in my head they're all siblings so they would look similar.  I'm goofy that way :)  I love the little chick on this one.  I used my makers to add some highlights on the egg and in the bunnies ear.  I just love these little cards!!!  I've said that already-watch out I just might say it again before this post is up :)
This one I think is the shy sibling.  The other two bunnies are smiling and happy and he just looks to me a little nervous.  Ok seriously perhaps I should see someone about my problem with making up stories to go with my cards.  Does anyone else do this or am I the odd stamper out??
This one is my favorite.  I love the little girl bunny, she reminds me of Megan, carefree and happy!  For her scallop bottom on her dress and shoes I used a marker. I wanted them to stand out a little from the water coloring.  If you haven't tried out the watercolor crayons I highly suggest them, they're so much fun and so easy to use!!!!!  I should use them more often but I think I just don't break out my lined image stamp sets often enough.  Tomorrow's post is so stinkin' cute and it's been a week long process-even though the bulk of it was done yesterday.  But I'm so excited about it so make sure to check back tomorrow!!!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this post ... the box is cute ... the cards are cute ... and quite honestly, my favorite part is your description. It frightens me how much you and I think alike ... I would totally do the bunnies all the same for the same reason ... they're OBVIOUSLY siblings! .. LOL ... Thanks for making me smile at 6:20 in the morning. (Only 1/2 cup of coffee in my system ... well done, my friend!) ..... Your stalker