Friday, March 16, 2012

Rainbow Happiness!

I can't tell you how much I love this card!!!  SO fun and who would have ever thought you could use EVERY label framelit on 1 card!  Doesn't it look fantastic though!!!??  I was inspired by a project on saw on Pintrest, you can see the inspiration from the original creator is here.  What a fantastic idea!  So I loved it, but I wanted a different greeting.  I don't have many 'rainbow' greetings so I did a google search and came across this one.  There was no author mentioned but I loved it the best out of the dozens that I read.  I kept going back to this one so I figured it was meant to be.  I just typed it out and printed it on some cardstock. Easy Peasy!

So how did I make it a card?  The entire rainbow scene is mounted on a Whisper White card that was cut out from the same label dies.  Fold your card and place your framelit over it just make sure that the fold of your card is below the cutting part of your die.  You'll get all but the top cut out so that you'll have a card.  Now I will say this before you go make a card with it, I was very nervous about breaking my framelit by having it cut through 2 sheets.  If I remember correctly the instructions say only 1 sheet.  It worked fine with the white, I don't think I would try it with our colored cardstock, if you do you'll probably have to adjust your 'sandwich'.  The white and vanilla cardstock is thinner than our colored so it worked well.  It's not something I'll do regularly with it but it's cute for every now and then when you need that card shaped like this!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

1 comment:

Kay Jantz said...

great idea, from one rainbow lover to another!