Wednesday, August 31, 2011

With Love

I love this card! I know I say that alot!  Is it possible to love so many cards.  I think so!  This card was inspired by a card on Twila's blog, scroll down to the August 9th post.  I just love the simplicity of her card and the line of pearls on the bottom of her main image.  I did mine slightly different but kept alot of those same elements.  Especially the pearls!  I do LOVE this set.  I think it's my all time favorite flower set.  I know that's a pretty big statement to make but I love it and use it so often!  I embossed the 2nd layer of cardstock with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  Can you believe I only used one color of cardstock on this card.  Hard to believe, yet the card looks so elegant!  The only adhesive I used on this card is dimensionals.  I sure love those little guys :)

The flowers are stamped in the new Island Indigo in color.  So pretty.  I stamped the stem in Wild Wasabi, who would've thought I'd end up liking Wild Wasabi so much.  When it was an incolor a few years ago, I NEVER used it.  Didn't even own the ink pad.  Now I use it all the time, I think it's slowly replacing Old Olive--no that will never happen.  I still love Old Olive, but I'm leaning to love Wild Wasabi too :)  The other color used on the flowers is Basic Gray.  I stamped the En Francais background stamp in Pool Party behind the flowers. Lastly I added the line of pearls along the bottom.  Finishes the card so nicely. 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: