Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Complete CASE

I saw this card on split coast stampers and I LOVED IT!!!!  I had to recreate it!!  I think, except for a few minor details the card is the same.  I LOVE IT!!  I can't say that enough.  By far one of the prettiest cards I've made....this month.  Ok enough of me tooting my own horn :)  This card uses that same Calypso Coral/Poppy Parade combo that I promised you'd see again.  I love the border punch on the bottom. That border punch is so pretty!  It's defiantly one of the MUST HAVES from the new catalog.  Once you use it, you'll love it!  There's that ribbon again too.  I'm going to need to start buying it in bulk.  Wouldn't that be awesome!!!?!
The flowers are stamped and then cut out and attached to the card with dimensionals.  Of course it's 2 step stamping, so I stamped the base of the flower first in Calypso Coral then the line image stamp over that in Poppy Parade.  I did find with this stamp set, that the stamp a ma jig really helps.  I'm normally not a perfectionist and I don't use it to much, except to make sure my greetings are mostly straight.  But with this image I found that I really did need to use it to line it all up right. 
Check back tomorrow, I'm so excited to show you tomorrow's card.  Don't worry it's not a card using the Calypso Coral/Poppy Parade combo :)  It is pretty awesome punch art though.  So come back tomorrow!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

1 comment:

Bobbi Miller said...

Ruth: What an eye popping beautiful card! I love the dimension added by cutting the flowers out. Great color choice. I love it! :-)