Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Gently Falling

When I first saw this stamp set in the mini catalog, I liked it but it didn't go on my wish list.  Then when I found out I'd be getting it for free-along with a ton of other new stuff for free :)  (a fantastic perk of being a demonstrator) I was super excited and now I love the set.  I don't have many, if any, leave sets so I was so happy to get this set.  Over all this card is pretty simple.  The DSP is new, isn't it beautiful?  I knew I wanted to use the DSP so my card went from there.  I used the oval die and my 1 1/4 inch circle punch to do the oval and the scallops around the oval.  I stamped the greeting.  I just love the greetings in the Friendly Phrases stamp set! I used my color spritzer to add a little dimension to the oval.  I perhaps went a little over board with the Early Espresso ink, but I still like it. 

For the leaves I rock and rolled them to give them that two toned color.  If you've never rocked and rolled it's so much fun!  First you stamp it in your lighter color of ink, then you gently rock and roll the edges in the darker color of ink.  When you stamp it you're left with a two toned image, it's so easy and beautiful!  For the leaves I used Pear Pizazz and Garden Green for one.  Another I used So Saffron and More Mustard.  For the last one I used More Mustard and Cajun Craze. I tied the ends together with some linen thread.  One more little detail on this card, I'm not sure if you can see it too well in the pictures but the Early Espresso ribbon on the card is new.  It's Quilted Satin Ribbon!!!!  OH MY GOODNESS!!!  It's fantastic!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!! 

1 comment:

Carol Matthews said...

This is really beautiful!