Monday, January 10, 2011

Medallion Thanks

What a busy week last week was and this one promises to be just as busy. I'm sure everyone with young school age kids feel this way, but after a nice long break it's hard to get into the school routine again. And ever since Megan has come along it's harder and harder to get out the door on time. Which actually really bothers me. I'm early to everything! So if we get to where we need to be and we're on time or a little later, well my blood pressure just can't handle it. I'd rather be early by an hour than late by 5 minutes. I guess it's an OCD thing for me :) I should probably work on that :) But with Megan we've had to add an additional 10 minutes to our get out the door time and winter doesn't help! Getting Megan in warm clothes, in her car seat, bundled up takes a good 5-10 minutes. Then with winter-my poor car just doesn't like cold weather and if it's below freezing I have to let my car warm up for a few minutes before we can leave. So we've had to start leaving earlier to wherever we need to go just to make it there on time. And it's been a huge adjustment :) But fortunately for me the cold weather is perfect stamping weather! Well actually ANY weather is perfect stamping weather :)

Today's project I just love and unfortunately the pictures don't do it the justice it deserves. It was inspired by the Simply Sent Medallion Medley card set in the Occasions mini catalog. The cards in the mini catalog have the medallion embossed but I wanted a little bit of a different look, so I pre-stamped the medallions then ran it through my embossing folder. I love the texture it gives.

I used Blushing Bride, Perfect Plum and Pear Pizazz and I with the colors showed up better in the pictures, but you'll have to trust me in real life it look amazing!
For the tag, I simply stamped Thank You on some scrap cardstock, roughed up the cardstock a bit and added a button and some linen thread. And you can see a subtle spritz of Perfect Plum with the color spritzer! Simple and so pretty!
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Medallion Background Set, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Blushing Bride, Perfect Plum, Whisper White
Ink: Blushing Bride, Perfect Plum pad and marker, Pear Pizazz
Accessories: Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Color Spritzer, Blushing Bride Ribbon, Linen Thread, Neutrals Buttons, Glue Dots, Dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!

No comments: