Saturday, February 6, 2010

Kind Blue Bird

Are you ready for a card? I know the past few day's I've not shown many cards, and I LOVE cards. It's my favorite thing to make. I do love making boxes and other stuff but I love, love, love making cards. It's one of the reasons I signed up to be a demonstrator!! And this card is sooooo cute. I love it!!!

When I got the Happy Moments stamp set I thought it was soo cute but what on earth would I use the bird cage for??? Then I saw this card by Teneale Williams, a demo from Australia, and I knew instantly what do to with that bird!!

I love this card!! It's so simple and came to be in just minutes!! It's probably my favorite SAB card I've made this year!! I've become a little obsessed with using the linen thread and buttons lately, but it's just so pretty how can you not use it!??
The bird is stamped twice, once on the vanilla piece then again on a scrap vanilla piece and cut out. Then it's mounted on dimensionals for some dimension.


Don't the buttons look great with the linen thread?? I've already added more buttons and linen thread to my next order :) Well in fact I've added kraft cardstock too, and ribbon, hmmm maybe it's time to place that order:)
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Happy Moments SAB, Whimsical Words SAB
Cardstock: Kraft, Vanilla, Brocade Blue, Sweet Pea DSP
Ink: Brocade Blue and Chocolate Chip markers and Chocolate Chip pad
Accessories: Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, Button Latte button, Linen Thread, Dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you Monday!! Have a great Super Bowl Sunday.... GOOOO......hmmm....don't know who I'm rooting for........

1 comment:

Teneale Williams said...

Great card, I love this stamp.

Teneale