Friday, June 12, 2009

Sparkling Morning

Quick note before I get to the project:

The big shot is such a must have product for any crafting room. The best way I believe to get it is with the kit. However the starter kit for the big shot will NOT be available in the new catalog. The Big Shot IS in the new catalog just not in the starter kit. You'll have to order the big shot and dies separately.
The Big Shot Starter Kit retails for $195.95. If you order this, you qualify for hostess benefits! You must order by June 30th to get the kit. That's the last day to order from the Spring/Summer catalog.
Here is a list of everything that comes with the Big Shot Starter Kit.
  • Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
  • Multipurpose Platform
  • Standard Cutting Pads
  • Stampin' Up! Exclusive Scallop Envelope Bigz Die
  • Stampin' Up! Exclusive Top Note Bigz Die
  • Stampin' Up! Exclusive Sizzix Birds & Blooms Four Pack
  • Stampin' Up! Exclusive Decorative Strip Billboard
  • Decorative Strip Cutting Pads
  • Decorative Strip Extended Spacer Platform

To order the kit you can order from my website or call or email me your order today!

So here's today's project. I'm using the Morning Soft stamp set. I am sooooooooooo gonna miss this stamp set. I still don't know if I'll sell it after July 1, it's one of my most used sets and I love it so much. I've had the catalog for a few days now and my wishlist is a mile long, I think it grows overnight. But I was waiting until I got the new catalog to see if there would be a comparable set to replace this one. But even after seeing the new catalog I'm still not sure if I'll sell it. I am still convinced that you cannot make a bad card with this set though.



For this card I watercolored the flower on watercolor paper with our classic reinkers. Then I used the cracked glass technique Before I put the EP on it I sprinkled it with Dazzling Diamonds glitter to make it sparkly. Then I did 4 layers of glassy glaze EP on it. Cutting it out after embossing it was tricky, but defiantly doable. And I think having it cut out really makes the card. Boy do I love this card. Why oh why SU is this one retiring?!!?
If you look closely behind the flower and ribbon, I've used another favorite stamp sets that retiring, Doodle This. I love the swirls on it and it makes great backgrounds.





See how well loved this stamp is, and this is actually the cleanest it's been in a really long time.

Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Morning Soft, Doodle This, Short and Sweet
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Apricot Appeal, Watercolor paper
Ink: Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery, Old Olive re-inkers, Staz-on and Certainly Celery Pads
Accessories: Aqua painter, Glassy Glaze EP, Dazzling Diamonds, Heat tool, Pumpkin Pie ribbon, Scallop Border punch, dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: