Featured Post

2017 Christmas Card Stamp a Stack!

It's time for my annual Christmas Card Stamp a Stack! This class is always popular and always sells out!!!!  Don't wait to sign up!...

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Birthday Card for Dan

Today is Dan's birthday. He loves trains, has ever since he was a kid. So for his birthday I decided to break out my old retired All Aboard set. I usually don't hang on to stamp sets after they retire but I have 5 or 6 that I really love that I just couldn't part with. This is one of them. I think it's a great set, but Dan was the one who insisted we keep it after it retired. So I did and I thought I would be a great set to make him a birthday card with.

I stamped the train in Versamark and embossed it with black EP. Then I used bleach to watercolor it. I just love the look of bleach on dark colors. It just stands out so nicely. After it dried I cut it out and used a dimensional to pop it up on the card.


The small train on the bottom is stamped and embosses with clear EP. I kept the card simple, I really had to refrain from adding brads or ribbon. Dan likes simple cards so I kept it that way. I'm sure he'll like it.

Supplies:
Stamp Sets: All Aboard (retired), A Little Birthday Cheer
Cardstock: Bordering Blue, Brocade Blue, Black , Night of Navy,
Ink: Versamark, Black,
Accessories: Black EP, Clear EP, Heat Tool, Small paint brush, Bleach, dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you Monday!

No comments: