Saturday, June 6, 2009

Birthday Card for Dan

Today is Dan's birthday. He loves trains, has ever since he was a kid. So for his birthday I decided to break out my old retired All Aboard set. I usually don't hang on to stamp sets after they retire but I have 5 or 6 that I really love that I just couldn't part with. This is one of them. I think it's a great set, but Dan was the one who insisted we keep it after it retired. So I did and I thought I would be a great set to make him a birthday card with.

I stamped the train in Versamark and embossed it with black EP. Then I used bleach to watercolor it. I just love the look of bleach on dark colors. It just stands out so nicely. After it dried I cut it out and used a dimensional to pop it up on the card.


The small train on the bottom is stamped and embosses with clear EP. I kept the card simple, I really had to refrain from adding brads or ribbon. Dan likes simple cards so I kept it that way. I'm sure he'll like it.

Supplies:
Stamp Sets: All Aboard (retired), A Little Birthday Cheer
Cardstock: Bordering Blue, Brocade Blue, Black , Night of Navy,
Ink: Versamark, Black,
Accessories: Black EP, Clear EP, Heat Tool, Small paint brush, Bleach, dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you Monday!

No comments: