Monday, June 29, 2009

Patriotic Bear

We are down to the final days/hours of the catalog. The new catalog will be released on Wednesday and ordering will start at noon that day. I still have some spaces available in my New Catalog Stamp Therapy Class on July 11. The projects are so great! And I can't wait for you to see the catalog. Of course I know it will be hard to wait until July 11 at my class so if you need a copy to look at before then, let me know and I'll be happy to get you one! For more information on attending my Stamp Therapy Class please email me and let me know.

I have been waiting almost a year to make this card! Brent Steel who works at the SU home office in UT showed it at convention last year and while I wasn't there I got word of it and have been waiting so long to make it. I finally got the stamp set last week. Why did it take me so long? Well other things kept being more important to get and so it kept getting pushed to the bottom of my wishlist.....until last week. The stamp set is Under the Stars and is just so cute. We don't do a lot of camping but I'm sure I'll still come up with some pretty cute cards! Why is this card so special? Well the bear waves his arms or flies as it was done at convention. For this card I just gave the bear a flag to hold and so it looks like he's waving his arms.


When you pull on the tab on the bottom with the ribbon his arms move up and down. So cute!!!!



I'm totally happy with this card and was well worth the almost year long wait to make it!!!
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Under the stars
Cardstock: Brilliant Blue, Real Red, White, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Real Red pad and marker, Brilliant Blue pad and marker
Accessories: Small star punch, silver brads, dimensionals, blender pens, paper snips
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow for Tutorial Tuesday!

2 comments:

Mary said...

This is so cute, I have this stamp set so I will have to case this one for sure. TFS

Mary said...

Hi Ruth, this is adorable! I was at convention and saw the original card, which sold me on the set. I still haven't made it. My son's b-day is on Mon so maybe I'll make him a b-day version of it!