Friday, September 19, 2008

Stamped Pins

These pins are so easy to make and I am especially pleased with how the ladybug pin came out. To make the pins you need 3 sheets of cardstock, your top layer that you will stamp on, and 2 solid color pieces. Stamp your images on all 3 and cut out. Use tacky glue and glue all 3 layers together. While it's still wet you can bend and mold to what ever position you want. Once dry the pin holds its shape. I've made magnets the same way years ago and still have it on my fridge.

The butterfly is from the Spanish catalog, Flores Suaves. I stamped it on glossy and watercolored it. Used the pretties kit to add embellishments.







The ladybug is stamped on whisper white. I used the pick a petal stamp set and the 1 1/4 circle punch. I did this one a little different. I glued the ladybug together then traced it onto the other 2 pieces of cardstock, then cut it out. I used wire and the pretties kit again to embellish. This pin is really cool in person.


Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: