Thursday, September 11, 2008

Paper piecing

I made this card last week, took incredibly long, but I do like how it turned out. Now you might look at it and say, hmmmm it's pretty but why did it take so long. Well I'm glad you asked. The technique that I used was paper piecing, meaning you stamp your image on designer paper cut out each little tiny piece and glue it to the image. So for this card I stamped my image 5 times on different designer paper then spent 25 minutes cutting the head dresses, sashes, robes and yes even baby Jesus, though I did feel a little bad when I had to cut out his head. Once you get it all cut out then it's like a puzzle to figure out which piece goes where. It's on watercolor paper, so I did some highlighting of areas with my summer sun pad.
I do really like this technique, in person the card is so cool and really stands out with the different patterns of the paper and texture so it is an awsome technique, I do recommend trying it.
I got 2 new boxes of Stampin' Up! stuff yesterday so I'll have lots more to show.



Designer paper used. For Mary Blueberry Maine, For Joeseph Hawaii Papaya and for Jesus and the paper in the background it's the designer paper in the Holiday Happenings level 3 Hostess Bundle. I also used baja breeze and chocolote chip cardstock.

Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: