Sunday, November 20, 2022

Twelve Weeks Of Christmas Week 8-Cottage Wreath Reese's Box

Before we get to today's super cut box, can we just talk about how we're already on week 8 of the Twelve Weeks of Christmas Series.  Only four weeks left!  How!!!?!?!  It's gonna go fast from here friends!  I hope you're ready!  Today I have a really cute box and I'm going to share some partial die cutting tips for you.  This is a fun box to make!  

stampin up, cottage wreath

I love the tapered top to this box!  There's tabs inside the box to keep our treats safe and sound.  You might notice I'm using the Snowflake Vellum again.  I am hooked on this stuff!  I can't help it!  I've had it for a while but was waiting for Christmas projects to pull it out and now that it's out I think I'm using it on everything!  Grab a package or two or three!  This stuff is amazing!  

stampin up, cottage wreaths

The tabs on the top of the box are partially die cut with the Tailor Made Tags Dies.  So what is partial die cutting?  It's when you strategically position your cutting plates to only cut the pieces of the dies that you want.  In this case, we only wanted to tabs trimmed, so the top cutting plate was put on the edge of the score line. Anything beyond the edge of the plate won't die cut.  Check out my video for more details on this.   

stampin up, cottage wreath

I'm using the Cottage Wreaths Bundle for this box.  I love all the little accent stamps and dies in this bundle.  Plus there's some great basic greetings.  I stamped the sprigs, leaves and berries.  I die cut some gold leaves for some extra shine.  It's all layered on circles from the Stylish Shapes and Layering Circles Dies. 

stampin up, cottage wreath

The box is finished up with some Iridescent Trim and some Pearlized Enamel Effects on the berries.  It's a quick step that adds so much!  In my box are four Reese's.  Yummy!

Box-Shaded Spruce 5 1/2" x 5 3/4"
On the long side score at 1 1/2" and 4 1/2"
On the short side score at 1 1/4", 2 1/2", 3 3/4" and 5"

Vellum pieces (4) 2 3/4" x 1"

DSP 5 1/2" x 1"

Check out my video for details on this box.  Make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you never miss a video.  I have a full supply list below.  You can shop for these products in my Online Store.  

stampin up, cottage wreath


 

No comments: