Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Christmas 10 Week Countdown, Week 7



Over the next 10 weeks I'll share a new and fun Christmas idea all the way up to December 18, only a week away from Christmas!  Of course you can adapt all of these ideas to any holiday or occasion.  Today's project is a cute hand sanitizer holder.  There are so many different ways to package up hand sanitizers.  Today's cute box is pretty cute plus I love all the non traditional colors of it too! 
I used the hand sanitizer (from Bath and Body Works) as inspirations for the colors. This one is a purple holly berry one so I thought I'd pull in some purples for the box and even make a purple holly berry.  I love the pop of Granny Apple Green with the Gorgeous Grape.
 To make this holder you'll need a piece of cardstock that is 4"x10".  On the 4" side score at 1" and 3".  On the 10" side score at 4 1/2" and 5 1/2".  Along the same side you'll add smaller scorelines that only go from the outside to the longer scorelines.  Those are made at 3 1/2" and 6 1/2".  You'll see all the lines marked in the picture.
There's a little trimming to do.  You'll remove the long rectangles on all 4 sides and cut up the tabs as pictured.  The tabs get adheres to the front and back pieces making your cute box.
To make the holly leaves.  I used a 1 3/4" circle punch and punched it out of Granny Apple Green DSP.  I then fed the circle back into the punch to punch a football shaped item.  I was able to get both leaves from one circle.
I then used my 1/2" circle punch and punched tiny notches out of each leaf.  Don't worry too much about making them perfect.  To complete my tag I used the Swirly Frames and Peaceful Noel stamp sets.  Shop all these products in my online store here.

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: