Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Sponged Sunsets

These two cards are probably my favorites from the weekend.  This again was another set that I didn't think I needed....then I saw this card.  The card is by Tina was the most stunning card I'd seen with that set so I had to get the set too!!  The light house was masked (I stamped and covered it with a post it note) while I did the sponging in the background.  The backgrounds were done with our classic inks and lots of sponge daubers.  I didn't write down the colors so I will do my best to remember what I used....The sky is made from Daffodil Delight, Blushing Bride, Rich Razzleberry and Night of Navy.  The ocean is Marina Mist and Night of Navy. 
I did both card at the same time, so they use the same colors.  I meant to add a lighthouse to this one too, but honestly it was a lazy morning when these were made and by the time I realized I didn't stamp it I had already cleaned and put away the stamps.  I'm glad I didn't though.  This ocean sunset is really pretty too!  To get the crisp straight line on the horizon I used some post it tape to mask it off.   The greetings are both white heat embossed to make them pop.  

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: