Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Friday, February 24, 2017

Emboss Resist

My goal going into the weekend was to make a stack of simple, but cute cards that I could use!  I have a box full of these amazing elaborate cards that I've made from past weekends but I can't use them! They're just too cute!  So I started the weekend by doing some embossing resist.  Mostly I just grabbed some background stamps or stamps that would make a fun background and clear heat embossed them on shimmery white. 
I used my sponge daubers to add colors over each of them, some have more of an ombre look then others.  But I do love how all that embossing just pops through the colors.  So pretty!!! 
For all the greetings, I went through my framelits and found greeting that I could cut out that would work.  I layered 2 of each greeting together to make it a little sturdier.  They're much easier to handle and to attach to cards if they can hold their shape a little better. 
I covered each greeting with some clear Wink of Stella then I covered them with some of our Fine Tip Glue.  This gives them a glossy look and makes them look almost like enamel words.  Plus thanks to the Wink of Stella they sparkle too! 
I hope you enjoy these fun bright cards.  Embossing resist is one of my favorite techniques.  It's so easy and it's always so pretty!!!  I have more to share from the weekend.  Check back next week! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: