Monday, October 14, 2013

Birthday Birds

Happy Monday!!!  We sure had a busy weekend!  It was a long weekend for the kids, no school Thursday or Friday for fall break.  But we're back to schedule today.  I know you stopped by today hoping to see the cards from my Christmas Card Stamp a Stack.  Don't worry, they're coming.  The pictures I took didn't come out well, so I wanted to retake them in natural light.  I'll do that today.  They'll be up tomorrow and Wednesday.  Today though I have a great card!!!  This technique is AMAZING!!!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!  I have no idea if I did it correct but I sure love the results!!!  I think it's called the tape technique, not sure though....don't quote me on that.  I've seen this done on cards all over the place though.  So I thought I'd try it.   
 
I got this look by using some of our washi tape and ink!  Again, I have no idea if this is the 'correct' way, it's the way I did it and it seemed to work.  For this card I used Smoky Slate, So Saffron and Daffodil Delight.  I used a piece of washi tape (any washi tape will do).  I put the sticky side down on the ink pad.  Pulled it up and pressed it into my cardstock, peel the tape off and you're left with this fun funky background.  Of course I used a different piece for each color.  Once the card was done I needed a custom envelope!  I used buttons and bakers twine to hold it closed.  Isn't it cute!!!!?!  Love it!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: