Monday, October 21, 2013

Birthday Monkey!

Who doesn't want a monkey for their birthday?!  Especially one as cute as this little guy!  Last Friday was Megan's birthday.  She's 3.  Can't believe it.  She's 3.  We had just learned about monkey's in her zoo class that she's in once a week so I thought this would be a fun card.  I saw this card, super cute and used it as inspiration.  (I spent some time browsing her blog, her punch art is AMAZING!!!  If you have time look around!)  The monkey is made with lots of ovals and circles.  I thought the banana's in the tree was such a cute touch too! 
The leaves are stamped with the splatter from Gorgeous Grunge then sponged, cut and crumpled.  This card is really 'full' and so much more adorable in person.  These cards are always so hard to capture on camera.  I hope I'm giving you some idea of the detail and cuteness of this card :)  The tree trunks are just circles, sponged and stacked on top of each other.  I can't stress the importance of sponging when making punched art.  The depth and detail it adds makes a HUGE difference! 
The finished card is 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 plus a little extra from leaves.  The card is a trifold card and the monkey hangs in a window in the front panel.  Tell me that's not cute!!!!  There's plenty of room to write a message and it's just a fun fun fun card over all!!!!   
Here's the mess my desk became while making this card.  In the picture it actually doesn't look that bad.  It sure felt worse working around it all :)  I love making these super detailed cards, they're probably my absolute favorite cards to make!!!  While I still love the quick and simple cards, those cards are always needed, these cards are my favorite!!!  But it was defiantly a work in progress.  My monkey sat on my desk for 2 days half completed-no arms or legs, the entire card wasn't finished until Friday afternoon, after her birthday was half over!!  She loved it anyway!!
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: