Thursday, August 9, 2012

Lightning Does Strike Once In A While

I know it doesn't happen often but once in a while I'll get that little light bulb above my head to turn on with an original idea.  This one I think is one of the best original ideas that I've had in a long time.  Yes, I do think it's a keeper!  I know I've said it, or at least I've meant to say it, but Logan starts school Monday-eeeek!  But if last year has taught us anything it's that the morning routine can be, well, boring especially when you're almost 6 and especially when you've been told to do the same things over and over again in just one morning.  So I thought I'd create these fun little cards for Logan.  We'll hang little hooks in the bathroom or his bedroom to hang them on to remind him what needs to be done every morning before we get in the car and head to school.  Get dressed, the school prefers it that way :)
Brush teeth. This one I'm actually really proud of :)  In MDS 2 there's a new Free form feature.  The smile on this page is created entirely from that feature.  With this feature you can add lines, curve them, move them, shape them, etc.  It's AWESOME!  So I made this little smile from that.  Didn't it come out great!?!!  All of these little cards are part of a swatchbook.  If you've never ordered a swatchbook they're so much fun!!!  They're the perfect size to put in your purse, they're a great size for little hands and let's face it even without the 31% off they're pretty affordable at only $13 for 13 pages printed front and back-that's 26 pages you can design!!!  They measure about 3 1/4  x 5 1/2.  I LOVE THEM!!! 
This one is super cute too!!!  I used the grass punch (it's an extra download) for his hair.  Isn't that just so cute!!!  I love the big eyes looking up.  Everything on this page is made from punches.  Yes even in MDS I love my punches!!!!  These are just 3 of the ones I have planned.  And really these 3 are the only ones that really need to get done before we head out the door.  Others that I have planned to make are 'Feed the dog', 'Set the table', and probably a couple more that I'll think of in the next few days.  Now since I just started this about 48 hours ago and am still working on it we won't have it in time for the first day of school but I'll defiantly get it printed this month for 31% off!!!! 
On the back of each card is his 'DONE' card.  After he accomplishes his 'chores'.  He can turn them around so he knows they're done, and more importantly so I know they're done and it will hopefully cut down on the morning nagging.  Of course I still anticipate reminding him daily of his 'Chore Cards' :)  The check mark was done again with the free form tool.  Do you see all the fun splatter, that's also new!  LOVE the splatter!  As you can see MDS is such a fun multi purpose program.  If you haven't had a chance to use it, get the free 30 day download.  You have nothing too loose!  It's a wonderful program and so much fun!!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!!

1 comment:

Bobbi Miller said...

Ruth, what a splendid idea! You should make these in bulk, and sell them to schools, Target, Wal-Mart! Do you know how many parents would LOVE this? My kids are grown (youngest is 34), but what a great idea and I know the kids would love it! Super cute!