Monday, November 29, 2010

Home For Christmas

I can't believe it's been days since my last post. Between Thanksgiving, Black Friday-not that I got up at unheard of hours to shop-I hit the 10am sales :) and decorating for Christmas I just haven't had the time to post. Unfortunately it means I also haven't had the time to stamp either. I have been working on the SU Build a House though. They are so cute!! I just love them! It's been a work in progress for a while now. The entire house was covered in DSP and assembled but the window and smoke and lights and glitter have been added a little at a time. But I think it's super cute! I can't promise that it's done now I still might find little things that I need to 'add' but so far so good!

Isn't it cute. I used some of those battery operated tea light candles to light up the inside of the house. The window are covered with vellum on the inside.


I used the circle punch from the Itty Bitty Punch set to make the wreath, then added some glitter 'berries' to it.
I added some Glass Glitter to the roof and shredded and curled some cardstock for the smoke. I used my scallop border punch to make the roof look like it has shingles on it. If I would have thought about it while making the roof, I would have sponged the cardstock along the scallops, I think it would have given it a little more dimension-oh well-next time!



It's really cute and was surprising easy to put together! I bought 2 and Megan and I made one (more me than Megan) and Dan and Logan will make the next one. I'll make sure to post the boy's house when they're done. Though I should have hid mine so they don't copy my ideas :) I think they're house will be cute when it's done. Dan's just has to find the time to sit down with Logan and make it.
I'm hoping to spend a good portion of today stamping and crafting :) Weather guys say we'll get a little snow---BOOO (I'm not a fan of the snow-I would prefer year round 80 degree weather). We actually had a light dusting of snow on Thanksgiving, didn't last long at all but it was kind of surprising to wake up to snow on Thanksgiving! But since there's supposed to be snow today it seems like the perfect day to stay indoors with a cup of hot cocoa and stamp, stamp, stamp! We'll see if that actually happens though :)
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: