Friday, November 12, 2010

Blushing Birds

Now don't get too excited but I have a really quick tutorial for you! Yay! Now it's nothing super impressive but it's perfect for this time of year when you're out getting gift cards for Christmas. This is a gift card holder similar to the one we did at stamp camp but this one is made for a full size card (4 1/4x5 1/2). I made 2 of these for my friends Nancy and Jamie, who gave me a lovely diaper shower last weekend. But you could easily add a Christmas card front instead of a Thank You one and have a great Christmas gift.

Ok they're super easy, you'll need a piece of cardstock that is 5 1/2 x 12. Score it at 4 1/4, 6 and 7 3/4. Fold on the score lines to make a W.

Flip it over and add sticky strip to one side. Make sure you get it as close to the outside score lines as possible. If you put it along the 6 inch score line your gift card holder will not work.

Glue that together, I used my 1 1/4 circle punch and word window punches and punched the center score lines to make the holder for the gift card.

Then the gift card just slides right in. Isn't that just the cutest!?!
So do you want to see what the front of the card looks like now? Well here it is...

I made a card really similar to this except in blue a loooonnnng time ago. I still have it hanging in my room though. I love it, so I decided to make this card again but in pink and I love this one too!!

The ribbon is a new addition to this card though, and yes I'm sorry that's retired Chocolate Chip taffeta. But we still have a wonderful selection of taffeta ribbon, just not in Chocolate Chip :(
I love this card and it's super easy, so if you have lots of gift cards to give this year, this is the perfect card!
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Thank You Kindly, Friends 24/7
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride, Regal Rose, Vanilla
Ink: Blushing Bride and Chocolate Chip pads, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip and Early Espresso Markers
Accessories: Dimensionals, Sponges, Chocolate Chip Ribbon, Sticky Strip, 1 1/4 inch Circle Punch, Word Window Punch
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: