Sunday, May 30, 2010

Lacy pins

Well I've officially made it to 20 weeks pregnant! Halfway there and I'm counting every day! There were days I wasn't sure I was going to survive :) I wish I could say that the nausea is gone, but unfortunately it's still part of my daily life. I'm still on the meds my doctor prescribed. The good thing though is that I've learned to function through the nausea. I'm back to driving, stamping, light cleaning/cooking, and light shopping. Stamping-I think I've missed you the MOST! We have an ultrasound next week and we really need to decide if we're going to find out if it's a boy or girl. We were surprised with Logan and fortunately we saved everything from him. So everything is neutral and will go with either. Dan and I just can't make up our minds :) As far as everything else goes, I STILL need to reorganize my cardstock cabinet according to the new color families. Time is ticking away too, I'll be able to order the new colors on Tuesday so I really need to get to it!!!! THIS is the week!!

I have the cutest/prettiest project to show you today! I made 2 of these for my niece's. My sister and her husband are renewing their vows for their 10th wedding anniversary this summer and I thought these would be soooo cute in my niece's hair. I still need to attach a hair clip on the back, but they're so cute!! I hope my niece's like them! PS Joyce if you're reading this don't tell the girls I want to surprise them when you guys visit in July.

I used some lace and white taffeta for them. I actually raided my Mom's leftover fabric scraps to find these pieces. I ran several pieces through the big shot with the scallop circles #2 die. Once I got the whole bow together I used my heat tool and the heat from the heat tool, shrunk the lace a little to give it more texture and dimension. They're so pretty in person!!

The brad in the center is not SU-Sorry! I've had them for a long time, tucked away in my drawer. I don't even remember where I found them. I never use non SU stuff but I thought these brads went the best with the lace. These little bows are going to be so cute in their hair!!!
Supplies:
Big Shot, Scallop Circles #2 die
Non SU Supplies: Fabric, Glue Gun, needle/thread, flower brad
Thanks so much for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: