Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Razzleberry Birthday!

Oh my goodness what a couple of day's it's been. While I am feeling a little better I'm still not up for doing alot of regular things that I think I can and should be able to do. I've been cooking dinner every night since Friday, and while I make it through that ok, I usually have to spend 2-3 hours on the couch 'resting' after dinner to make sure my dinner stays down and to recuperate from making dinner. It just wears me out. Yesterday I successfully took Logan to school by myself and made a trip to Kohls and stopped at the movies since I had 2 hours to kill. I did ok while I was out but boy did I pay for that much activity in the afternoon when I got back home. I was exhausted and my back hurt. I have to keep in mind that I haven't done ANYTHING for 3 months and I'm not going to be able to jump right back into my 'normal' schedule right away, it's gonna take some getting used to. I'm still on a bunch of meds, while I'm not throwing up as much I'm still nausous all the time and there's always that risk that I could throw up at ANY time. I still hoping that it keeps getting better and will someday go away completely. There are still soooooo many things I can't eat because of my nausea. Lots of fruits and veggies for example. I'm sure my doctor would be horrified to hear that I have cinnamon raisin toast for almost 2 meals a day. Oh well, baby seems to be fine and I'll survive this-or so I'm told.

I have a great project for you today. My mom's birthday was Monday and her co workers asked me to make a card for them to pass around and sign. I love the swaps from our last meeting and I've been so inspired by them (as you'll clearly see in the next few days). Today's card comes from what's probably my favorite swap card from the bunch.

With a few color changes it's a whole new card!!! I love this stamp set. It's got to be my favorite in the mini catalog, Elements of Style. And remember when you order this stamp set this month you can get a package of designer brads for free!! The filigree brads are MY favorite!

I just love how simple and lovely this card is! I have lots of cards to show you on my camera. I'm hoping to find the time to get them here in the next few days. I usually try to work during Logan's nap time but the past few days I've been taking naps too :)
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Elements of Style, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: White, Black, Rich Razzleberry, Bride Specialty
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Black Satin Ribbon, Word Window punch, brayer, sponges, Filigree brads, dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the idea, Ruth! I was making some examples using "Elements of Style" and this was perfect. I used the new presto patterns paper from the SU! Summer mini catalog. It looks marvelous. I used Rich Razzleberry and then made another with pretty in pink. Happy Stampin'! Tami