Thursday, September 14, 2023

Disco Happy Dance

Today I have a card that has so many layers, so many techniques and so much gold!  This is card I think I would make once and only send it to a super special person.  These cards are always so much fun to make and this one was no exception the more I added the more I loved it!  I'm going to try to break it down step by step.  I started with the Curved Occasions BundleI stamped the disco ball on Basic White in Memento Black and colored it with ink and Mini Blending Brushes.  My ink colors are all listed below.  Take your time it's worth it!  I also used the disco ball to stamp the Melon Mambo Background piece.  

stampin up, curved occasions

On top of the Melon Mambo Background is a piece of Daffodil Delight Cardstock and Zoo Crew DSP.  Then there's a layer of Basic Black and the piece that is the showstopper of this card.   I started by lightly ink blending the background, with the intention of stamping the Rays Of Light stamp over it.  So I concentrated the yellows in the center and worked out from there.  Let your piece completely dry, or use a heat tool then stamp and clear heat emboss the Rays Of Light Set over it.  You'd think that would be enough but it's not, then I went in with ANOTHER layer of ink blending over the embossed areas.  That makes some rays darker and some lighter adding to more texture.  

stampin up, curved occasions

After all that I still felt like it needed something so I used a sponge and added some of the Tombow Liquid Glue around the edges of the ink blended piece.  Let the glue dry completely and then add the Gilded Leafing over it.  The Gilded Leafing will stick to the now tacky dried glue and leave you with a spectacular background.  For more gold accents I added gold twine from the Simply Elegant Trim and some gold stars from the More Dazzle paper and the Give It A Whirl Dies.  I finished the card with a white heat embossed greeting and called it a day.  Whew!  It's a show stopper for sure.  My basic measurements are below.   I have a full supply list below.  You can shop for these products in my Online Store.

Orchid Oasis 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" score long side at 4 1/4"
Melon Mambo 5" x 3 3/4"
Zoo Crew DSP 5 1/2" x 1"
Daffodil Delight 4 1/4" x 1/2"
Basic Black 4 1/8" x 3 1/4"
Basic White 4" x 3 1/8"
Scraps of More Dazzle Paper and Basic Black  

stampin up, curved occasions




 

No comments: