Sunday, March 19, 2023

20th Anniversary Celebration-Hello Ladybug Double Pop Up Card-VIDEO

Today's card is pretty amazing!  This is the first time I've made this type of card and I'm not sure what it's called.  I'm calling it a Double Pop Up Card.  I saw it on YouTube and I was so intrigued I had to make my own.  I LOVED it!  My first one or two was a disaster, but I finally mastered it after changing up some of the measurements and I LOVE it!  

stampin up, hello ladybug

I'm using the Hello Ladybug Set and the Ladybug Punch.  These are both in the Annual Catalog and they're some of my favorites!  I love pulling them out for the spring and summer.  I'm also using the Medium Daisy Punch and Bough Punch.  I'm pulling in some DSP from the Annual Catalog too, this is the Happy Forest Friends DSP.

stampin up, hello ladybug

The magic is on the inside of this card.  When you open it, there are two mini cards that pop up and out.  The top card pops up and towards the top while the bottom card pops up and towards the bottom.  It's so remarkable.  This card is not 'post office friendly' and you will need some extra postage and maybe even a padded envelope for this one.  But it's worth it for those super duper special people in your life.

stampin up, hello ladybug

There's a mechanism inside that pops and lifts them.  The mechanism is the most complicated part of it.  But once you get the hang of it it's pretty fun to work with.  I carried all of the same elements inside the card that were on the outside.  

stampin up, hello ladybug

I have a stamped panel inside and you can sign your name there too.  If you want more room to write change up some of the DSP pieces for some white pieces.  It is easier to write any messages before you adhere them to the card though.  Once assembled it's difficult to write a message.  

stampin up, hello ladybug


Here's all the measurements, it's a long list so make sure you refer back to this post for all of them. 

Card base-Calypso Coral 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" score the long side at 4 1/4"

Inside Cards-Calypso Coral (two pieces) 5" x 2 1/2" score the long side at 2 1/2"

DSP Front 
3 1/2" x 4 3/4"
3/4" x 5"
1/2" x 5"

DSP Inside
5" x 3 3/4" (two pieces)
2 1/4" x 2 1/4" (three pieces)

Basic White 2 1/4" x 2 1/4" plus scraps for stamping/punch

So Saffron/Pear Pizzazz scraps for punching

Mechanism-Calypso Coral (four pieces) 1 3/4" x 1 1/2" score on the short side at 3/4"
On the long side mark the top and bottom 3/4" from the left side
Mark the score line 3/4" from the right side
Score diagonally from the marks on the left to the center score line
Score diagonally from the mark on the right to the corner
(It should create a chevron shape)
Mountain fold the center score line
Valley fold the triangles on the left
Mountain ford the triangles on the right
See diagram below

Check out the video for all the details and feel free to pause it or rewatch to get all the details on this card.  Subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you never miss a video.  I have a full supply list below you can shop for these products in my Online Store.  

No comments: