Sunday, February 13, 2022

Catching Butterflies Seed Packet-VIDEO

I'm so excited to share today's project with you!!  Full disclosure I made this project completely different the first time.  I wasn't 100% satisfied with it so I kept thinking of ways to improve it. Well, I ended up thinking up this super cute idea but that would mean scrapping my first plan completely.  So I carefully took apart version one and remade it into this.  I LOVE this one!!  I could make 100 of these and still love them!  My adorable little girl is stamped from the Sale-a-Bration Set Catching Butterflies.  I colored her with Stampin' Blends and then fussy cut her out.  For the one pictured I used Cinnamon Cider for her hair for the one in the video I used Daffodil Delight for her hair.  Feel free to get creative with her.  I also used the Natural Tones Stampin' Blends for her skin.  These are new, they're a set of 10 Stampin' Blends that are designed for skin tones.  I LOVE them!  

stampin up, catching butterflies

I used my Blending Brushes and Polished Pink, Pale Papaya and Fresh Freesia to make it look like she's pulling a rainbow along with her.  I used a Blending Brush and Just Jade for the grassy field she's running through.  To get the edges on the ink I used a piece of printer paper that I tore for a rough edge and used for a mask.  To finish I cut apart my greeting and adhered it down.  I added lots of Loose Flowers and Brushed Brass Butterflies.  

stampin' up, catching butterflies

This isn't just your typical card.  When you untie the ribbon inside are pockets for seeds!  What a fun spring gift!  This one I included two pockets.  You could always write your message on the bottom or behind one of the seeds.  In my video I'll show you how to make a one pocket packet if you want.  It's sooooo cute!!  I'm so glad I ditched my first idea and made this one instead.  

Just Jade 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Basic White 3 7/8" x 5 1/8
Fresh Freesia 7 1/4" x 8" 
On the long side score at 4"
On the short side score at 2"
 
Make sure you check out my video below for all the tips and tricks.  Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel while you're there.  I have a full supply list below.  You can shop for these products in my Online Store.

stampin up, catching butterflies

Shop my Online Store.
Thanks for looking, see you soon

Supplies:




 

1 comment:

Bobbi Miller said...

Oh Ruth, she is so adorable!!! I absolutely LOVE how you made the rainbow and to have her bringing that rainbow with her is a super great idea! LOVE!! And seed packets? Who wouldn't just love to receive some of those, with spring just around the corner? GREAT project my friend!