Monday, February 21, 2022

Gumball Shaker Card

Today's card is case of two weeks of debating with myself.  I loved the Gumball Greetings Bundle when I saw it and thought it was sooooo cute but I wasn't sure how much I would use it so it got pushed to the bottom of my wishlist.  Then I saw a million, maybe not a million but a lot, of samples with it and thus the debate started. No you don't need it, yes I do need it, no, yes, no, yes.  Well obviously the yes's won.  We knew they would.  I'm so glad I got it!  Because it is SOOOO cute!!!  

stampin up, gumball greetings

Once I decided I was all in, I went for it all! The bundle, the Shaker Domes and the Frosted Beads.  Once you get the bundle and add on the domes and beads you qualify for a free Sale-a-Bration item (only through February 28, 2022). I'm not gonna sugar coat it, there's a lot of die, a lot of little pieces and it can be a little finicky to put together.  But I used Adhesive Sheets on all the detail pieces and that helped a ton!  For my gumball machine I used Ombre Specialty Paper, in the red ombre sheet.  So there's some glitter and sparkle to the machine.  My metal piece is cut out of Brushed Metallic Cardstock and with the help of a brad the turning part really turns! The slot that the gumballs come out actually opens too! This bundle is so well thought out!  

stampin up, gumball greetings

Shaker cards are always a hit!  I have never met a person who doesn't love a shaker card.  It doesn't matter your age, shaker cards are always impressive!  There's very little stamping on this card.  I stamped the greeting and the glass details.  I used my Pool Party Stampin' Blends to add a little shading to the glass detail inside the shaker.  It's a small detail but makes a big difference.  If you want to see a video of how to use the dies and make a gumball shaker let me know in the comments.  I'd love to share this in a video!  I have a full supply list below, you can shop for these products in my Online Store. 


Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

Supplies:






 

No comments: