Monday, August 22, 2022

Lighthouse Point and Watercolor Background

I love today's card and I'm sharing a fun watercolor technique you can try.  This one is one that I haven't done in years but just in the past week I've seen it in multiple places so maybe it's making a comeback!  I'm using the Lighthouse Point Bundle for my card today.  This one wasn't even on my wishlist.  Let's face it, I live in New Mexico, we don't have lighthouses here.  I don't know much about them so they don't usually draw my attention.  Then I saw amazing projects made with this bundle over and over again, and now, well I'm obsessed with this lighthouse!  I went for a pretty bold light house.  I used Melon Mambo and Starry Sky for my lighthouse.  The lights in my lighthouse are Mango Melody.  I cut the details on the top of the light house with Basic White.  After I had my rail die cut I didn't like the white on white for the top of the lighthouse and the rail so I used my Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends and added some quick color to them.  Save yourself some trouble and cut all the small details pieces out with Adhesive Sheets on the back, this includes the lights!  You'll thank me later. The rocks on the bottom are stamped in Basic Gray with one of the larger abstract stamps then I die cut them with the rock dies.  There is a rock stamp in the set but I didn't want a white border on it.  I wanted that abstract look to go from edge to edge, so I stamped the larger image then die cut it from those.  
  
stampin up, lighthouse point

For that gorgeous watercolor background I did the 'block smooshing' technique.  I colored directy onto my block with some Stampin' Write Markers.  NOTE-Make sure you're using the waterbased Stampin' Write Markers NOT Stampin' Blends.  The waterbased Stampin' Write Markers are round and sold in color groups, the Stampin' Blends are rectangle and sold individually by color.  The colors I used on my block were (from the bottom to the top) Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo and Night of Navy.  Once you have it colored, don't worry about being neat here, spritz it a few times with your Stampin' Spritzer filled with plain water.  Then either press some paper directly on it or flip it over and press it onto your paper.  I used Shimmery White Paper, Watercolor Paper would also be a good choice.  Lift up the block and let the paper dry.  That's it!  So simple and gorgeous results.  Once it was dry completely I die cut it with the Deckled Rectangle Dies.  I have a full supply list below.  You can shop for these products in my Online Store.  

lighthouse Point

Shop my Online Store.  
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

Supplies:






 

No comments: