Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Just Add Text

My awesome downline Michelle just celebrated her 10th year as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator!  I made her this card to share my excitement of this accomplishment with her!  There's a lot going on on this card!  But it all works together.  I stamped a bunch of flowers and leaves from the Oh So Eclectic set and cut them out with the coordinating framelits.  I embossed the greeting from the Just Add Text set in white on some Chocolate Chip cardstock. 
All of that is adhered to a piece of watercolor cardstock that I added some embossing paste to with the diamond stencil.  After the paste was dry I watercolored over it and die cut it with one of labels framelits from the Lots Of Labels set.  Finally to finish it, I stamped some tone on tone flowers on the base of the card and added some gold thread. 
This card is not your standard size card, I think it ended up being 3.5"x7.  So I pulled out my envelope punch board and made my own envelope.  I used some plan kraft wrapping paper that I got from Target.  It worked like a dream.  I think my new plan for envelopes-wrapping paper!!  I always have a hard time using my DSP for envelopes because you always need such a large piece for envelopes, maybe I just like to hang onto my paper too much LOL.  But I love how great the wrapping paper worked!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

1 comment:

Bobbi Miller said...

Ruth, this is such a lovely card! I really like that it's a different size too. What a gorgeous take on the Eclectic set. I didn't get the stamp set, but I did get the framelits. I may have to rethink that now. LOL Great job! And Congrats to Michelle!