Thursday, September 21, 2017

Hot Cocoa Treat Bag

It's fall!  That means warm drinks, cozy fires and yummy treats!  This is the perfect gift to make a stack of and have on hand to hand out to friends, teachers, co-workers, anyone!!!  Inside my little treat bag is a packet of hot cocoa and a fun spoon.  If I had candy canes on hand I think I would substitute the spoon for a candy cane.  I used the Merry Little Christmas DSP in the Holiday Catalog and made a treat bag using the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits.  I love all the patterns and the simple colors of Old Olive, Basic Black and Whisper White make it fun and easy to use!  I added another piece of the DSP on the front and layered up some ribbon, cardstock and my greeting.    
The greeting is a framelit from the Mini Treat Bag, I cut two of them and adhered them together to make it more sturdy.  Then I mixed up some gold glitter embossing powder (two parts gold embossing powder to one part gold glitter).  I covered the entire surface with versamark and added the gold glitter embossing powder.  I let it cool and did it again for a thicker layer of embossing powder.  This gives the fun look that it's a metal embellishment and not just cardstock.  Make a bunch of these to have on hand this fall! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: