Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Friday, January 16, 2015

Watercolor Congrats


What happens when you leave a piece of watercolor paper on your desk then drop a Daffodil Delight ink pad open on top of it??  You get this card!  Yes it's true, I had a stack of watercolor paper on my desk and yes I dropped a Daffodil Delight pad on top leaving a fun Daffodil Delight mark....so what to do......I grabbed some Tangerine Tango and Bermuda Bay ink and turned it into a card!!  To get this really fun background I got my paper really wet, then I just added some color, make sure to overlap your colors so they blend nicely together.  Once I got the desired look I was going for I let it dry, you can speed this process up with a heat tool.  I just left it for a while and came back to it.
Once it was dry I trimmed it down and added a greeting.  I thought it still needed something so I grabbed by white Craft reinker and I diluted it with some water, not a lot just enough to thin it out a little.  Then I used a paintbrush and just 'splattered' it with the craft reinker/water mixture.  I love this look!  So overall, I turned a mistake into a fun watercolored card, remember there's no mistakes in stamping, just creative opportunities!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: