Featured Post

Stamp Camp #1

My new Catalog Stamp Camp was last weekend and it was a blast as it always is.  We kicked it off with our HUGE retired stamp set sale then ...

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Sheltering Tree

I'll be the first to admit that this set wasn't my favorite in the Occasions Catalog. I thought it was just another 'tree set'. Then I saw a few samples with it and it grew on me. I decided to break down and get it, boy am I happy I did! This card is so pretty I'm totally in love with it! The leaves on the tree are stamped in three colors for more dimension. I used Pink Pirouette, Crisp Cantaloupe and Calpso Coral. The pink is so light I probably could have done without it but I love the multiple colors and the detail it adds. 

Adding a greeting was easy. I knew I wanted the greeting on vellum, but the white vellum looked a little harsh. I took my Calpso Coral Blendabilities and colored the back. I LOVE LOVE LOVE L.O.V.E this look!!!! It coordinates so perfectly with the card and draws your eye right to it. It's such a fun technique.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!

2 comments:

Bobbi Miller said...

I'm with you! I wasn't going to get this set either, until I saw so many cute things made with it. I love love love this card! Love the colors...reminds me of when Spring arrives in my old hometown, Chicago. Love the vellum idea too! Perfect!

Kay Jantz said...

I love this this card. Cool effect with the 3 layer of color. Great job Ruth! I as well have noticed all the different ways people are using this set. Way to go!!!