Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mother's Day...Two Ways!

Mother's Day is only 4 days away!  It seems to have kind of snuck up on us after Easter.  I know Mother's Day here will be a quite one.  Dan took me to the St. James Tea Room last weekend and we called that my Mother's Day gift.  Maybe he'll still surprise me with some flowers or something :)
Today I have 2 cards for you, they're very similar and with the exception of stamp sets and colors they're basically the same card.  For the cards I went with a different size card than your standard 41/4 x 5 1/2 card.  The base of this card is 4 1/4 x 7 score the 7 inch side at 3 1/2.  I then used the Circle #2 die and the Circles Scallop #2 die using the largest on each die for the rest of the card.  

This card showcases many of our new Summer Mini products.  The Melon Mambo Embossing Powder, new DSP and the new Flower Fest stamp set!  It's a fun bright card.  The DSP was a little overpowering on the card and instead of your eye going to the flower for the focal point you were focusing on the DSP so I toned it down slightly by adding some Vellum cardstock on top.  You can still see the beautiful pattern of the DSP but now it's not so bright and the rest of the card can shine! 

The next card I used what I think is my favorite hostess set, Because I Care.  I LOVE this set.  I haven't used it in a while but I sure do love it.  I colored it with markers.  I used Perfect Plum and Concord Crush for the flower and Pear Pizzazz and Garden Green for the stem. I love the look these colors together!  I tore the edges on the DSP a little, just to give some extra detail to the card. 

To finish it off I used lots of pearls on the flower.  This card is so beautiful in person! Well they both are.  These cards still fit into a standard size envelope so they can be mailed without a problem.  I can't decide which one I like best!  What's your favorite?
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: