Monday, June 7, 2010

Birthday Squares

My new stuff is supposed to arrive TODAY! I can hardly stand it!!! I'm just hoping that it comes before we have to leave for my ultrasound later today. It would be nice to have something entertaining to look at in the waiting room, other than magazines from months ago. Actually my doctor's office isn't so bad with getting back issues of stuff. But I had some blood work done a couple weeks ago and the magazines in the labs waiting room were soooo old. One of them was a Time magazine from the Beijing Olympics 2 years ago! Oh my word, please update your magazines people!!!

Anyway, I have a simple card to show you today. Dan's birthday was Sunday so this was his birthday card. I struggle sooo much with making masculine cards. When I do make a masculine card I like it to have clean lines and not a lot of ribbon or other accessories. So that's why this one is so simple.


I used some DSP and my square punch, I just corner rounded 2 of the 4 corners on all of them. Lined it all up, popped them up on dimensionals and that was pretty much it. I actually really loved it when I was done. Maybe I'll make a 'girl' version and really jazz it up with ribbon and accessories! :)

I did add some linen thread and a bitty button, from the mini catalog on it to add a little more dimension. Some quick paper piercing around the edge and you're done! Simple, classy and perfect for a man card :)
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: A Little Birthday Cheer (on Last Chance list)
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Old Olive, Sweet Pea DSP (retired)
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: 1 3/8 square punch, corner rounder punch, Linen thread, bitty buttons, dimensionals, paper piercer
Well I'm off to listen for that man in brown to stop by. Before I go though I wanted to share with you a super cute song I read on Jan Tinks blog about demos and getting the new catalog. By the way Jan Tink is AMAZING!!!! If you get a chance, check out her blog!! Hope the song brings a smile to your face like it did for me!!!
Oh UPS man!
Bring me a box!
With a catalog in it to rock my socks!
Oh please come quick
Like a bunny on speed!
Can't you see it's my catty I need!
Oh UPS man!
I'm so alone!
Don't got no catty to call my own!
On my door you no need to knock!
UPS man, bring me my box!!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: