Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Leafy Thanks!

It Came!!!!! I almost didn't think it would get here before we left for the ultrasound but just as we were walking out the door, literally, UPS showed up with my catalog!!!! We ran back inside, threw aside (literally, I think it landed 10 feet away from where I was) the package for Dan from LL Bean (don't worry it was just a jacket, totally unbreakable), and I tore into the SU box like a lion on a hyena. While Logan and Dan watched on, scared as can be. Of course the catalog was on the bottom, so there I was digging through the new cardstock, ink pads and markers to get to the catalog on the bottom. Oh yeah I was screaming "It's Here, It's Here, Just in time!!!!" I think I even told the UPS guy that-well I think my exact words were "Thank God you showed up, and just in time!" It wasn't my normal UPS guy so I'm sure he was even more worried about my sanity than Dan and Logan were. So with the catalog NOW in my hands we all left. Dan driving of course and me oohing and ahhhing on every page all the way down the freeway. And I just have to say that I LOVE IT!!! It's a beautiful catalog, lots of great new sets, and tons of awesome new accessories and OH MY GOODNESS, the hostess sets are one of the best things in the catalog. They're AMAZING!! I'm bursting with excitement. And if you heard screams of joy from Albuquerque around 2:30pm yesterday, you'll now know why.

I actually do have a project to show you today, not just me blabbing about the catalog. This card is super simple and fast. I'm trying to use retiring sets that I haven't used in a while, just to give them one last inking before they leave my home. The idea for this card came from a card I saw on split coast stampers. This card is for Dan's Grandfather. He sent Dan a birthday gift for his birthday last weekend. Since this is yet another masculine card I wanted to keep it simple with clean lines, so I was so happy to find the card I CASED on split coast.

Yes, my greeting is stamped crooked. Uggh. I almost redid the entire card because of it, but I stamped the greeting last, after paper piercing and everything. And I just couldn't bear to start all over again. Thank goodness I'm not a perfectionist :) I asked Dan if he wanted me to re-do it since the greeting was crooked and Dan said no, so I guess it's ok. I guess.....hmmmm.


Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Best Wishes and More, Very Thankful
Cardstock: So Saffron, Old Olive, Sweet Pea DSP
Ink: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Metal Edge Tag, Dimensionals, Paper Piercer

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: