Featured Post

2017 Christmas Card Stamp a Stack!

It's time for my annual Christmas Card Stamp a Stack! This class is always popular and always sells out!!!!  Don't wait to sign up!...

Friday, December 19, 2008

Now she's sewing.....

Yep that's right, I'm using my SU supplies for clothing now. I actually didn't sew anything. My Mom made the skirt for me and I did the rest. I used the big shot baskets and blooms die to cut the bottom pieces out. The brown material for the dress I got at Jo-Ann's and the flowered material I got at Hip Stitch. Hip stitch is a cute little sewing boutique. I found it from my friend Christina, her friend is a co-owner of it. It's a great store and they have a great selection of fabric. Anyway back to my project.
So I cut a ton of the little basket and blooms die, 1 yard of material all made into little basket dies. The original plan was to sew around the edges of them so that they didn't frey. Well that was a nice thought but there was no way I was going to be able to do it in such a short time frame. The goal was to have this skirt done by Christmas Eve, so I could wear it to church. Of course I didn't start it until a couple weeks ago. So had I planned a little more in advance, maybe I could have sewed them. But it was still pretty complicated to sew them and there was a ton of them to sew. So, geez this is turning into a tongue twister, but my Mom found this 'no frey', glue stuff. So I gave that a go and it worked great. I used liquid stitch to attach them to the finished skirt too.
I put 3 rows of the dies along the bottom then used some SU Chocolate Chip 3/8 inch grosgrain ribbon to hide the top edge of the pieces. I made a bow and attached that over the seam of the ribbon and was done.
All in all it didn't take that long to make and it did turn out pretty cute. I also found a super cute shirt at Target that I'll wear with it on Christmas Eve.




Here's what I used to stop them from freying and to attach them to the skirt.
Thanks for looking see you tomorrow!










No comments: