Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Ink Blended Stripes

This card actually came out really pretty.  I know that makes me sound like I wasn't expecting it to but since I'd never done a card like this I wasn't sure.  But in the end I LOVE the results!  So pretty!!!  It was a little time consuming because each stripe had to be done one at a time but it's worth it!  I would also be really pretty to maybe to larger stripes in an ombre pattern!  
I made one tall and one long card.  I can't decide which I like better.  To get the stripes I used post it tape, ink and a sponge dauber.  I blocked off a section on the card with the post it tape and used my sponge dauber to blend in the ink in that area.  Then I removed the post it tape, taped it down either above or below and did it again alternating colors and widths of each stripe.  The colors I used were Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach, So Saffron, Pear Pizazz, Pool Party and Wisteria Wonder.  I love the rainbow look! 



Each card was finished with a gold embossed greeting and some Gold Glimmer stars.  I loved doing this technique and I'll be revisiting versions of this technique in the future it was soooo much fun!!!! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: