Thursday, November 17, 2016

Ink Blended Stripes

This card actually came out really pretty.  I know that makes me sound like I wasn't expecting it to but since I'd never done a card like this I wasn't sure.  But in the end I LOVE the results!  So pretty!!!  It was a little time consuming because each stripe had to be done one at a time but it's worth it!  I would also be really pretty to maybe to larger stripes in an ombre pattern!  
I made one tall and one long card.  I can't decide which I like better.  To get the stripes I used post it tape, ink and a sponge dauber.  I blocked off a section on the card with the post it tape and used my sponge dauber to blend in the ink in that area.  Then I removed the post it tape, taped it down either above or below and did it again alternating colors and widths of each stripe.  The colors I used were Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach, So Saffron, Pear Pizazz, Pool Party and Wisteria Wonder.  I love the rainbow look! 



Each card was finished with a gold embossed greeting and some Gold Glimmer stars.  I loved doing this technique and I'll be revisiting versions of this technique in the future it was soooo much fun!!!! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: