Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Grease Weekend Wrap-Up!


Today's post is a little later than usual but it's jam packed with fun wrap up pictures from our Grease Weekend, which was soooooooooooo much fun! I've been fortunate to be able to assist my downline Michelle in planning these weekends and I know I say it every time but every time she just astounds me with her creativity, organization and planning.  She amazes me every time in every way!  Like I said our weekend was Grease (the movie) themed.  We were all transported back to Rydell High and a fun 50's atmosphere!  
The tables were set up in a black checkered pattern with lots of Rydell goodies at each spot!  There's the Rydell High School ID, we had to harass people to please send us photos of themselves for these ID's but they're sooooo cute!!!  There's a pencil holder with pencils, a Rydell High Pennant.  A little composition book for notes and our schedule.  The tables before everyone gets there is always so cute!  I love seeing the rooms set up!
From there the weekend was full of fun! There were 50's scarfs, Pink Ladies, friends, crafts, snacks, activities, hula hooping, laughing, food, games, and yes perhaps an adult drink or two ;)
Every weekend Michelle pulls us together and we pull in a local non-profit agency to work with.  This time we collected shoe boxes with gifts for children of the Safe House.  The Safe House is a place where people needing to get away from domestic violence can live safely.  Currently they house women, children and yes sometimes men.  Abusers can come in any gender.  Between our group of about 28 people we were able to collect nearly 70 boxes for the children of the Safe House for Christmas.    
It took a couple days to unpack this time, normally I'm pretty anxious to get my stuff unpacked but even as I type this I still have a bag of stamp sets needing to be put away.  One of my favorite things about unpacking is seeing how much love was wrapped around me at the weekend.  I brought home so many wonderful lovely gifts.  From handmade necklaces to mini bottles of wine and everything in between!  I have the best friends at these weekends and they're all so generous!  Thank you! Thank you friends!!!!!!

I'm not only spoiled by my friends, Michelle does a really good job at spoiling us too!  I came home with so many amazing goodies!  I got a paper piercer, some candy dots, some brights enamel dots, dimensionals, and other adhesives of every kind, so much DSP (not pictured-cause it was already put away) and my favorite-the Tin of Tags!!!  EEEEKK!!!  I love it!  Thank you so much to Michelle for all your hard work for this weekend!  I'm already looking forward to Mardi Gras in February!!!!  For more information on these weekends visit Michelle's blog here

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: